Last night was a most magical and memorable evening! I got to take Kaitlyn, my sister, and my niece, H, to Disney On Ice to watch the new Follow Your Heart show! It was a first for H and my sister, and the looks on their faces were worth the drive in L.A. rush hour(s) traffic! Kaitlyn and I went to our first Disney On Ice show last year, and it is likely a new favorite tradition! The show was also completely different, so we were mesmerized by all the different acts.
The beginning of the show focused on the character, Riley, from Inside Out. The girls were SO excited to see the emotion characters, especially fan favorite, JOY.
2017 was the year of Beauty and the Beast in my humble opinion. Oh what fun to see “Be Our Guest” enacted right in front of us, especially as Kaitlyn has been very fond of Lumiere recently.
It was incredible to see how Disney On Ice was able to bring us under the sea with Finding Dory, and to see our favorite sea life characters come to life! I especially loved the voice of Baby Dory and the realistic “kelp forest” scenery.
There was a portion for almost each princess, and a program featuring Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs. The MOST incredible parts of the night included aerial feats performed by Princess Ariel, Princess Rapunzel, and Flynn Ryder. I was definitely in awe! Pure Disney Magic! (You can see a couple of video clips on my Instagram!)
Of course the girls were ecstatic to see Arendelle brought to life with the mid-show scene from Princess Anna, as well as the duets with Queen Elsa. The finale was electrifying!
The girls were up way past bedtime, but the experience was so memorable and special. They kept thanking us for bringing them and saying it was “the best day ever!” Talk about thawing a frozen heart!
A few additional notes:
- We watched the 7pm showing and got out around 9:30pm.
- Parking at L.A. Live/Staples Center parking was $30. Cash or CC. I found the extra $ worth it for not having to walk too far with the little girls at night.
- Strollers need to be parked at stroller parking areas designated inside the arena areas (walkways with food counters and restrooms).
- No foods or drinks are permitted. You can however bring your own beverage containers and there are water fountains located outside of restrooms.
- Medium to Large bags may be denied and/or subjected to additional screening in a separate room.
- The areas gets pretty chilly with keeping the ice cool. We made our girls wear a couple of layers, as well as coats.
- There will be plenty of vendors selling food, drinks, snacks, and merchandise. There will also be photo booth stations, for a charge ($25 on the night we went).
- Many of the little girls in attendance came dressed in princess or Disney garb. Our girls love dressing up, so it was a no-brainer for the special night!
The holiday season has become synonymous with Disney On Ice for us now. It’s a tradition we will look forward to for years. How about you? Have you, or will you be attending a show this season?
Shows run in the Greater Los Angeles Area from December 14 through January 8, 2018 in Los Angeles (STAPLES Center), Anaheim (Honda Center), Long Beach (Long Beach Arena) and Ontario (Citizens Business Bank Arena).Tickets and show date information can be found on Disneyonice.com! Don’t forget to use code MOM20 for 20% off on select dates!